July 14, 2010

When You're Really Married!

You know you're really married when your spouse and you start to resemble each other in so many different ways!

You know you're really married when you look back through the years and think, "I've become him and he's become me!"  Aaaaak!  That's scary!

Example:  You know you're really married when you think about those first married years, and hubby snored like a siren all night long.  You had a hard time sleeping most nights between the snorts and grumbles.  But then you know you're really married when hubby doesn't snore anymore, but he says that you're keeping him up nights, because, yes, you snore!  Aaaaak!  That's scary!

Another example:  You know you're really married when you think of those early years of wedded bliss, and he was always hot!  "It's hot in here," he'd say as he wiped his sweaty brow!  Meanwhile, I would be covered with three blankets and could hear my teeth chatter!  Now, I can't seem to get rid of the internal heat while hubby curls up under a wool blanket and says, "Do you really need that air conditioner on?  I'm freezing!"  Aaaak!  That's scary!

One more example:  You know you're really married when you used to wake up at the least little peep from your child stirring in the other room.  Or perhaps they gently call out to you in the middle of the night, and you pop up out of bed then rush to their side.  Now, I'll ask hubby, "Did you hear the boy come in last night? I didn't hear him come in.  I must have been sleeping like a log."  Hubby will tell me the time to the exact minute that the boy got home, and say, "Didn't you hear me talking to him while he stood in the doorway of our bedroom?"  NO!   Aaaak!  That's scary!


That's why I think you can tell when you're really married!  When he's become you, and you've become him!  Aaaak!  That's scary!   

No comments: