July 22, 2010

What's New at My House?

My house has been pretty busy this summer! 

Riding my bike to work and back!  Only had to hitch a ride once when it was going to storm just as I was getting out of work.  I ride "like the wind" in between rain drops most of the time, but thunder and lightening scare me little bit!  I ain't riding through that!

I have frozen 32 quarts of yellow beans!  I did a lot over the weekend, then added another 6 quarts last night!  It makes me tired when I'm up until almost midnight cutting (snapping), washing, blanching yellow beans!

Other than that the typical same old same old around here! 


Hope you all are having a wonderful summer! 

2 comments:

ehart said...

Congrats on getting those beans in the freezer. Our garden looks to be a bust again this year. Oh, well, can't say I miss the blanching. Hubby would do the snapping for me though so that helped.

Lightning and thunder aren't good. We seem to get a lot of it--with no rain most of the time.

Ella said...

Great job getting all those beans put up! Hope your enjoying your summer dear!
Hugs & Prayers, Ella