August 19, 2009

Homemade Bread Recipe!

I bake bread every Saturday morning (well, almost every Saturday morning). I bake four golden loaves of whole wheat bread.

The recipe that I use is the one listed below, except I multiply it by 4. I like baking bread once per week for my family.

I have calculated the four loaves of bread to equal 92 cents for all four loaves.

Heavenly Whole Wheat Bread
(makes a 1 pound loaf)

3/4 cups water
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup bread flour *I just use self-rising white flour...works fine!
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons instant potato flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Ella said...

I can smell that bread baking all the way over here!!!!!

Saturdays must me lovely at Miss Laurie's.

Hugs, GG

Amy said...

I think tomorrow morning I need to bake some bread! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Vintage Chicken said...

I really need to give this recipe a try. It looks too easy for me to mess up! :)