December 28, 2008

Waffle Recipe


Here is a waffle recipe that I've used a few times in the past. It's pretty good.

I emailed this recipe to Yankee Gal, who reads my blog, and she said, "WOW, I just made your waffle recipe Lee! It ROCKS!....Anyway, the waffles were exactly the texture and chewiness that we were looking for. I used honey instead of sugar..that was the only difference.Thanks again. :o)"

So, I've decided to post the recipe for the whole World Wide Web to peruse.

Crisp Waffles

2 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted, or vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs with hand beater until fluffy, beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. Pour batter from cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until steaming stops, about 5 minutes. Remove waffle carefully. THREE 10-INCH WAFFLES.

This recipe came from the Betty Crocker's Cookbook New and Revised Edition with Microwave Recipes included.

Now, this Betty Crocker Cookbook is NOT new and revised anymore as I received it as a gift for Christmas from my loving brother 24 years ago.

This is my all time favorite cookbook. You can tell when you take a look at it, because there are pages that have detached. I have repaired the binding with brown paper bag and duct tape. There are stains on the pages that I use the most often. I have variations of recipes that I've written into the margins and it has a few other recipes that I've written or printed out on my computer and shoved in between the pages.

To look at it, it doesn't look like much, but it's the best cookbook I own.

2 comments:

CookinsForMe said...

And my waffle maker bit the dust a few years ago! Hmmm, I keep thinking I'd like to get another one but waffles are so high in carbs that I just can't eat them often. Maybe I can borrow someone's long enough to make this just once. ;)

Laurie and Bill said...

Ahh, and I've missed you, too. I was going through some old things around the house today, and I found the letter you wrote to me a few years ago. Of course, I was throwing things out, but I kept the letter!

So good to see you!