June 30, 2010

What's for Dinner on a Hot Day?

We've all faced that dilemma, when it's so muggy and hot you just don't have the energy nor the desire to heat up the whole house to have dinner.

We use our grill a lot during the summer, and we use it for the entire meal on those hot, hazy, crazy days!

The other night we had fish done on the grill.  Normally, I don't do fish on the grill, but well, you guessed it - it was just too hot for indoor cooking! 

I took a sheet of aluminum foil, placed the frozen fish on it after spraying the foil with cooking oil.  Then I drizzled a little olive oil with lemon juice right onto the fish fillets.  I proceeded to chop up some onion and roasted peppers, threw those on top, then crushed some garlic, sprinkled some parm cheese onto the entire packet.

This is how I put it all together before wrapping it up in the foil.

Fish Fillets



Then we prepared the tators pretty much the same way, except no lemon juice! 

Potatoes
Then you just wrap it up before plopping it on the grill.

Ready for the grill


You can actually add any assortment of veggies and herbs to the foiled packets that you desire.  We change it up pretty frequently.  Throw the foil packets onto the grill, then cook over medium high heat for about 30 - 40 minutes.  Poke through the foil for tenderness to determine when it's done!

I would have taken a picture of it when it came off the grill, but it was demolished rather quickly.  I wasn't quick enough!   

3 comments:

ehart said...

And I thought you were going to talk about spaghetti.

When it gets hot, I can't get hubby to grill at all. Of course we only have a charcoal grill so that may make a difference.

Laurie and Bill said...

LOL on the spaghetti! Yes, having a charcoal grill would make a difference. We just have a tiny gas grill ourselves. It's just enough for Bill and I. When Bryce is home, it gets a bit crowded on the grill!

Gill - That British Woman said...

what a good idea that looks really good, we had ball park hot dogs with salad last night and as I cooked the whole packet of hot dogs (6 of them) we'll be having the same again tonight I guess!!

Gill