July 11, 2010

The Boys Went Fishing!

First I'd like to say:


"Dear Maybe I'll Blog, Maybe I Won't,

I'm so sorry that I have recently neglected you!  I've been very busy lately, but it is with great pleasure that I return to you dear Google Blogger!  I've recently fought a battle with Wordpess, and it wasn't pretty!  It's such a comfort to come back to the familiar and user friendly Blogger for awhile!

Thank you,
Your dear friend, Laurie"

Okay, so without further ado, let's turn to the topic of "The Boys Went Fishing!"

My son is an avid fisherman, and he also likes to hunt.  Right now it's bass season in our little section of the world, and you can only guess what he's been up to?  Right?  Well, of course...fishing!

Hubby doesn't always have the opportunity, time, or energy to fish as frequent as my son, but when the boy was little his daddy took him fishing often!  Now that the boy is nearing his 21st birthday, he can go alone, and daddy doesn't always go with him.  A few weeks ago, they did get themselves out to Otter Lake, and enjoyed bass fishing together.

They were so proud of their catch:

Six Bass on a Stringer
I bet you all figure we had bass for dinner!  Incorrect!  My son is going  to be living in an apartment with his buddy when he returns to college.  They both are stashing their 'catches' in the freezer, so they can eat for free all school year!

I'll let you all know how that turns out in the fall!

One more thing:  My son has a new blog that I want to promote!  Go check it out!  Click Here!

2 comments:

ehart said...

Sorry about your fight with WordPress. I know it wasn't pretty.

Going to check out the boy's blog. Ought to be interesting.

A year's worth of fish? Ugh. I hope he adds some other fare to the mix.

Laurie and Bill said...

Ehart, we keep telling him he needs to eat more than just fish. (At least it would be better than kitty food).