April 29, 2010

More Vacation!

I just had to share some more pictures of the beautiful area that my BIL and SIL live.  It's beautiful! Their house sets back into a lovely wooded area, and it is so unique!

Here's their beautiful house!  It's gorgeous inside!

BIL and SIL's House
These are the woods that surround the house.  There is just enough light that comes through the sparse woods to make it warm and cozy, but shaded enough to find a cool spot!

The Woods
We spent a lot of time down by the creek behind the house.  Hubby did some gold prospecting down there, and I spent time taking pictures and just looking!

The Creek
 I sat down on the this huge slab of bedrock and played all day.

More Creek
Hubby spent most of his day in this little gap digging out silt, sand, and some gold with his gold pan.

Hubby's Digging Spot
It was a beautiful day for the most part, but around 4:00 p.m. it stated to rain, so back to the house we went.  But overall I will remember it as a glorious day by the creek side!

2 comments:

Ella said...

Awesome pictures....What a peaceful beautiful spot!
Hugs, GG

ehart said...

Their creek looks a lot like ours--but we don't have any gold around. I like the trees around their house. I hope mine are that tall some day.

Looks like a real haven to spend some time in. Glad you got to visit there.