September 23, 2009

Game Day!

Monday evening my hubby and I drove almost 2 1/2 hours to go watch my son play in a college football game.

How does the team travel, you ask?














I know, it's not the greatest of pictures, but it was the best one I got.  That smoke is the exhaust that was coming out of the back end of that monster.  Yeah, a lot of smoke!

So as I was about to faint from the diesel fumes, I decided to walk around to the side of the bus and got a picture of where they put all the football gear.




A lot of smelly, dirty football gear could fit down there.  As you might be able to tell there wasn't too much in there when I snapped the picture, but there was all the team gear and the individual gear of about 40 - 50 boys in the storage area.  Not all of the boys had come out of the locker room yet, so that was only part of the team's gear.



Wanna see what a smelly, Mohawk-cut, football player looks like coming off the field at the end of the game?





No, that's not hubby and I!  That's friends of ours from our little Po'dunkville who have a son who played on the opposing team.

See those football pants?

That's medical tape wrapped around the knees.  They were too big and baggy to stay up, so the boy just taped them up in place.  Comical!

Hubby said, "Bryce, tell your coach I pay way too much money for you to attend Buff State and be given those raggy pants."  Of course, we all laughed!

Anyway, the boy played the entire game.  He played well, but they lost.

Right as he was getting ready to jump on the bus back to Buffalo, I gave him a bagged lunch.   He hugged me and said, "Mom, you always think of everything.  I'm starved!"

I guess he had to fight off all his teammates as they were starved, but he was a rather selfish boy, and didn't share!

5 comments:

ehart said...

Hmmmm, lunch for the whole team......I'll let you know how just cookies for the whole band goes. You may not have that kind of money and time.

Laurie and Bill said...

LOL! I think not, there's 120 boys on that team! By my calculations that would be 720 cookies!

ehart said...

Yeah, I'm looking at about 510 cookies here in a few minutes myself. But it is the director's birthday--and inservice so I don't have to work so...might as well make myself useful, right?

Vintage Chicken said...

So Much Fun!!

Now see... I would have packed a lunch for my girls too... that's just what I do! I'm glad I'm not the only mamma that thinks it's okay to 'baby' our babies!

I still write little love notes and stuff them into Bailey's lunch - she doesn't seem to mind?

Laurie and Bill said...

Aww, the little love notes are a cute idea, but I'm sure the boy would blush!

It is okay to 'baby' our babies! They come to appreciate it as they grow older and live away from home!