May 7, 2010

Too Much Reading Material??

Can anyone have too much reading material?

I went to the local pharmacy last Sunday afternoon.  There was a huge Boy Scout Used Book Sale.  Fill up a bag of books for $5.00!  Okay, so I bought a bag of books!

What did I get?  Much!

Fabric and Dress by Lucy Rathbone and Elizabeth Tarpley.  This book is an ancient home-ec book from 1946.  I found one listed at amazon.com for $40.00.  Hmmm, interesting!




Kingdom of God Series Bible History by William Newton and Ellamay Horan.  This was published in 1940.  Yeah, someone cleaned out a lot of old books from somewhere.

 Under His Wings by Patsy Clairmont.




The Best Is Yet To Be by Eve Fisher.



Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells.



Straight Talk by Joyce Meyer.



The Ebony Swan by Phyllis A. Whitney.


I might have read this book before, but I'm not sure.  When I was first married I became a huge fan of Phyllis Whitney, and I read a ton and gobs of her books.  My mother recently discovered her books, so we've been sharing.  Oh, well, if I've read this one before - I'll just read it again!


Nickel and Dimed by Barbara  Ehrenreich.




I've started to read this particular book, and I plan on doing a book review of it real soon.  I'm about 2/3 of the way through it so far.



Then I went to Borders to buy some books online as my mother and father had gotten me a gift certificate for Christmas.

I chose these two books for my reading pleasure:







Then today when I was looking at the Books Are Fun display at work, I purchased this book for $6.00!


So guess what I'm going to be doing for quite awhile!  Reading, reading, and reading some more!

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, I love all those books you got......

Gill in Canada

Laurie and Bill said...

Thanks, Gill! And Happy Mother's Day to you!