February 17, 2009

Remember the Peacock!



If you don't remember the peacock or you weren't reading my blog at that time... This post will give you all the details of the friendly peacock in my parents' neighborhood.

Well, I'm happy to inform all of you who wanted an update that Mrs. Peacock (actually, I originally called her Mr. Peacock-my husband kindly corrected me on that one) is alive and doing quite well.

Apparently the entire neighborhood has taken to feeding her bird seed and making sure that she survives the winter. She camps out between my father's SUV and the house under the carport during the cold winter nights. She traipses the neighborhood during the day picking at the food that the neighbors all leave out for her.

An animal expert told my mom's neighbor that she should be able to make it through the winter just fine without shelter.

Who'd have thunk? My mom said the neighborhood has become quite attached to her, so they will all do their best to see her through the remainder of the winter months.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That's so neat! I love how everyone's interested in helping!