June 15, 2010

Finished Crocheted Project!

I started this crocheted top back in April, and it's finished!

I'm not too good about finishing projects, but this one got done rather quickly.  The pattern was easy and went along smoothly.

Here's a picture of it just hanging.



Then we took some pictures while I modeled it!  I cut my head out of the picture due to the fact that my hair hadn't been washed, I had been cleaning all day, and I looked every bit of my almost 50 years!


I know, it almost makes me look pregnant - which I'm not!  So we took some more pictures that didn't make me look so bloated!


And here's one more!


I just happened to already have the mint green turtle neck, and didn't even realize what a great match it was until I tried it on.

I got the pattern over at Lion Brand Yarns.  They have oodles of crocheted and knitted patterns for free over there.  I made this particular top with baby light weight worsted yarn.  Once I had the pattern set in my head, it was easy to make.  The skirt section is actually done in the round, so there is no seam either.

A nice easy, quick project!

My next project is a pair of socks to match - I had quite a bit of yarn left over.  I'm knitting the socks, but I've never completed a pair of socks before, so I hope they turn out okay.  I'll decide whether to post a pic of the socks once their finished:) 

2 comments:

ehart said...

That's cute! I'm really bad about finishing projects too. Congratulations on that. And good luck with the socks.

Gill - That British Woman said...

that is lovely, I wish I could crochet.

Gill