November 11, 2009

The Fish Story!

My son came home last weekend, and brought one of his suitemates with him.  It was a wonderful visit.  The boy's friend, M, is such a great kid!  I can see why they are such great friends:)  He's from downstate, and he had never been to this area before.  So, of course, the boy became 'tourist guide' over the weekend, and showed him the sights.

They visited our local BassPro Shop.  If you've never been to a BassPro shop and get the opportunity to, don't miss out.  They are an awesome store.  We are fortunate that we have one about 10 miles from the house.  It's my hubby and son's favorite store.

They came home all excited and M was telling me all about the big fish tank and all the huge fish in it!  His eyes were lit up, and he was so enthused.  He was reminding me of a 10 year old, not a 20 year old! 

Then the boys went to cheer on our local high school football team at the Syracuse Dome, where they were playing the Sectional Final game.  They lost, but they can be proud of their season, and the way they played.  Go Warriors!




Next morning, two very tired young men dragged their sleepy heads out of bed, and went fishing.  They got skunked.  (In case you're not familiar with fishing verbiage, 'skunked' means they didn't catch a thing).  In fact, they didn't even get a bite!  They were discouraged, but had decided to give themselves another go of it the next day.

Sunday afternoon the boys were prepared to get skunked again, but alas, their fortune was a complete turn around from the day before.

M caught this beauty of a large mouth bass.  He was 5.7 pounds, and 20 1/2 inches long!  What a beauty!  He posed for me to get a picture for my blog.  He was quite touched that I wanted to post it on my blog.  He must not totally understand the low readership of my blog, because he said he felt like a celebrity!  Sorry, M, not to trounce on your beloved dreams, but my readership isn't quite the celebrity status....yet!

Oh, yeah, the picture!



Ain't it a beauty?

Oh, please don't mind my totally un-remodeled kitchen! It's just one of those things that we've never quite gotten to, since I always seem to be using it!

 

Speaking of cooking - M is such a nice kid, that he not only thanked me once, nor twice, but something close to 3 or 4 times for the dinners that I cooked while he was here.  I laughed and told the boys that the college food must be pretty bad!  They enthusiastically agreed!

All in all it was a beautiful weekend.  And M, come back and see us any time!  We loved having you! 



6 comments:

Ella said...

Your a celebrity to me sunshine !!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this post, sounds like the kids had a great time this past weekend! Awesome catch. I'm sure they loved the home-cooking and generosity of your sweet spirit Miss Laurie!

Hugs, GG

Laurie and Bill said...

Aww, thanks, GG! You made my day!

Jackie Blue said...

Nice fish ....and your son is "nice" too ....lol...my girls would think so anyway...I enjoy your blog ..you just need to update us more...lol

ehart said...

Congrats to M on a great catch. Also congrats to the boy. He made a great catch of a friend. We all need those polite young people around.

Vintage Chicken said...

Sounds like the guys had a great time! Love the fish picture! M is quite a cutie - I wish he were closer...I've got someone I would like for him to meet (wink...wink)!

Laurie and Bill said...

Well......Amy, send you-know-who to me in January. He plans on coming back for a week during break! LOL!