December 30, 2008

Chocolate Anyone?

I recently commented on Ehart's blog that I no longer do any Christmas baking. There was a time when I baked on my birthday. My birthday is 4 days before Christmas and DS would always feel bad, because I never had a cake. I told him that I never wanted a cake, I don't really like cake.

So, we would bake Christmas Cookies on my birthday and he loved doing that. It made the day special. I have an old picture stashed away somewhere of Bryce rolling out cookie dough (that was unusable, due to rolling it approximately 100 times before cutting....must be a boy thing). He is wearing a red and white striped chef's hat and he has on a white shirt with a red Christmas apron on. It was my Christmas photo of him one year that I put in Christmas cards.

Gee, I don't do a Christmas photo anymore either....

I mainly don't bake for Christmas anymore because I receive gobs and gobs of chocolate from teachers and staff at work until it's coming out of my ears. Really, I had a whole copy box full with mostly chocolate that I had received as Christmas gifts.

I got the following:

2 - 1 pound bags of Lindor Truffles (1-Mint Chocolate, 1-Peanut Butter)

4 - 1 pound bags of Ghirardelli Squares (1-White Mint, 1-Raspberry, 1-Carmel Almonds, 1-60%Cacao)

1 - 1 pound bag of assorted Hershey's candy bars

5 - 1 pound boxes of Whitman's Chocolates

1 - 1 pound box of Hershey's Pot of Gold Chocolates

1 - 4.67 ounce package of Andes Cherry Jubilee Thins (I thought these only came in mint)

1 - 11 ounce box of Gertrude Hawk Dark Chocolate Cordial Cherries

1 - cookie jar full of Hershey's Truffles with Chocolate Truffle filling

12 - packages of fudge (Assorted fudge flavors such as: Snickers, Eggnog, Candy Cane, etc.)

1 - basket full of York Peppermint Patties

5 - 11 ounce boxes of Russel Stover candies

1 - basket full of cinnamon mints

4- packages of Dark Chocolate cookies



I do believe that is all of it. I might have even missed a few packages as I've given away some of it. I have every candy dish in the house filled and I'm getting ready to freeze (thanks, Ehart) the rest of it.

I'm not ungrateful, believe me, I'm not. I'm so grateful for the people I work with that they even thought of me.

Although, I did start to wonder, either they believe that I love, love chocolate (which I do, but I do have my limits) OR maybe they think I need some sweetening up! Hmmm!



Chocolate anyone?

4 comments:

CookinsForMe said...

Wow, that really IS a lot of chocolate! I think they think you love chocolate and they're just trying to make you happy. :)

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl! *lol*

I'm trying to decide if all that chocolate would turn me off it a bit...probably not

Anonymous said...

Mercy Girl! You could retire now and have chocolate for the rest of your life!

Laurie and Bill said...

Actually, Angie, it does turn me off it a bit! But not for long!